Johnny Leonard, MA, NCC, LPC, LPCS, MAC, LCAS, CCS, SAP, DCC, CHT
Owner / Clinical Director / Therapist
He has come to believe that therapy, in the simplest terms, is a safe place for self-reflection and personal growth. Within a trusting, nurturing, and nonjudgmental environment, people are finally free to first realize and then actualize their best selves.
His development as a therapist has been largely influenced by experiences in the substance abuse field where he had the opportunity to work with individuals from all walks of life. The variety of experiences have molded him into a flexible and resourceful practitioner who values the unique experience of each individual. He views the therapeutic journey as a collaboration. He believes in addressing the immediate concerns and discomfort of those seeking counseling. Further exploration of past experiences is then emphasized to encourage lasting change.
He has experience in individual, family, group counseling as well as motivational speaking. He takes special interest in process addictions, substance abuse, behavioral problems, relationship issues, and trauma.
His therapeutic style tends to be Solution-Focused, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Clinical Hypnosis, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy.
He is involved with Addiction Professionals of NC, National Association for Alcoholism & Drug Abuse, Licensed Professional Counselors Association of NC, Behavioral Health Professionals Association, National Guild of Hypnotists, and NC Substance Use Disorder Federation.
- United Healthcare
- Children (7-12)
- Teens (13-17)
- Adults (18+)
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Process Addictions (gambling, sex, shopping,etc.)
- Attachment Issues
- Blended Families
- Traumatic Grief
- Chronic Pain
- Substance Abuse
- Clinical Supervision
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- EMDR Institute 2013
- Trainer: Roy Kiessinger, LISW & Roger Soloman, PhD
- EMDR Feeling State Addiction Protocol
- Trainer: Robert Miller, PhD
- Clinical Hypnosis
- National Guild of Hypnotist 2017
- Trainer: Maggie Minsk, LPC, NCC, CI, CHT
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Nationally Certified Counselor (296114)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (NC #9092)
- Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (NC #S9092)
- Master Addiction Counselor (#507963)
- Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (NC #2305)
- Substance Abuse Professional (#20924)
- Certified Clinical Supervisor (NC #13025)
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (#1966)
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- M.A. ~ Counseling Psychology (2010) from Fayetteville State University
- B.A. ~ Psychology (2006) from Fayetteville State University
351 Wagoner Drive, Suite 317 / Fayetteville, North Carolina 28303 / 910-580-9346 (Office)